Job Description A reputable Health Food Services and Production Company is looking for a self driven and dedicated Food Production Manager to establish and maintain a strong and productive team for its Production unit, as well as maintain productive relationships with its clients by ensuring quality products and timely service. Key Responsibilities
Required Skills or Experience
- Inventory management and procurement of food and supplies for the unit to ensure customer satisfaction and retention for the company.
- Manage food production through kitchen staff in a production facility.
- Contribute to company revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilize company resources, recipes, systems and program to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices and procurement operations.
- Ensure employees have appropriate equipment, supplies, and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals, cost control and deadlines as assigned.
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all local regulatory body standards as well as company standards.
- Comply with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labour, inventory, equipment and materials) and making adjustments when necessary.
- Supervise employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating.
- Develop, implement and monitor the optimum nutrition contents of all products. Also develop new recipes an recommend existing recipe adjustments for overall customer satisfactions.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in the areas of operational excellence and innovation, effective team leadership and excellent organizational skills. After the initial interview screening stage, the incumbent will be required to pass a practical assessment test.
- Must have a Food Science or Nutrition Management Certification from an Accredited institution. A practical Culinary or catering background is a plus not a requirement
- Must posses a strong safety and sanitation experience/knowledge
- Must have an executive presence to communicate with all levels of staff
- Proven interest in health and wellness
- Must have basic Accounting and IT Skills